Pakistan minister blames India after top Sri Lankan players pull out, says India threatened Sri Lankan cricketers

334

Just one day after 10 top Sri Lankan cricketers denied to play in an upcoming tour of Pakistan, a Pakistani minister named Fawad Hussain has blamed India for the pull out of the Sri Lankan players and has made a disgraceful claim against India.

Fawad Hussain, who is serving as the Science and Technology misnier of Pakistan in the Imran Khan led government took on twitter to make an outrageous statement and said “Informed sports commentators told me that India threatened SL players that they ll be ousted from IPL if they don’t refuse Pak visit, this is really cheap tactic, jingoism from sports to space is something we must condemn, really cheap on the part of Indian sports authorities (sic)”.


With this tweet, Pakistani minister Chaudhary Fawad Hussain has claimed that India had threatened the Sri Lankan players to pull out of Pakistan visit or else they will not be allowed to play in IPL, which is one of the biggest T20 franchise of world cricket organized by BCCI.

10 Sri Lanka players, including the likes of their T20 captain Lasith Malinga along with Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Janith Perera, Dhananjaya De Silva, Thisara Perera, Akila Dhananjaya, Suranga Lakmal, Dinesh Chandimal and Dimuth Karunaratne have opted out of tour due to security concerns. The players took this decision after a meeting with The Sri Lanka Cricket on Monday.

Also Read  Babar Azam overtakes Virat Kohli to score 3rd quickest 11 ODI hundreds

Earlier in 2009, a terrorist attack took place in Lahore targeting a  Sri Lankan cricket team bus, in which many players were injured.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here